Saturday, January 27, 2007

Poem In The Morning ~ Early Morning Thoughts

I wrote this poem and tucked it away. I shared it on a very active forum that I am a member of, and decided to share it here....

I look at your body lying next to me
on a bed rumpled by passion
by love
by animal magnetism.

I remember how we met,
We drank
we talked
We drank
We made mad passionate love.

And for me the earth moved
Falling out of bed
trying a move

And for me there were lights in the sky.
knocking the lamp off
the night stand.
But the flashes radiated from within
and without ...
trying
to reach deep within a part of me.

I see you with the
soft morning light
falling across your hair and face.
The softness of your faint
smile.

The gentle curves of
your neck and chest.

And I am forced to
say
forced to say
The five words I have
dreaded and longed
to
say
most of my
life.


“What was your name again?”


photo by Steve Savage www.savagephoto.com/meninbed.html
shore painting by Michael Ireland www.robinireland.com/MIrelandportfolio.html

No comments: