Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Perchance to dream ...



The darkness mocks me
from the window.
My mind mocks me
in the house.
My bed mocks me
in my
sleeplessness.

My mind continues
to
churn,
replay,
regroup.

Was I too...
Should I have
answered...
What would be the
result
if
I ....

The restlessness of
uncertainty...
The driving worry
of caring.

There is so much
to do
to be
to become
to change
to hope
to give.

Finally I realize
that this
is all
within.
That this
is all taking
away
from
who I am
What I am
What I can be.

I can feel things
fade away.
The nagging thoughts
drive on down
the
road.

I am becoming at
peace again.

The darkness welcomes
my sleep from the window.
My mind turns into
a sanctuary of
peace and quiet.
My bed welcomes
me
back to be
at rest.
To feel at home,
once again.

No comments: