Saturday, May 5, 2007

Jesse ~ The End Of A Journey ...

You won't see it on the news...or read it in the paper. I wish I could put up a billboard to express all that I am feeling this morning.



From Two Lucky ....

“I love you.”

Jesse died this morning at 1.30am at the Beth Israel Medical Center in New York.

He was with me, and his mother, and died peacefully in his sleep.

Jesse has been battling melanoma for the last three years. He was a real fighter. Even at the end, he didn’t want to go home, and instead asked the doctors if he could stay a few more days to get well.

Love kept Jesse going for as long as it could. In these short years, we made the best of it. The more virulent the cancer spread, the stronger we loved.

His last words were: “I love you,” and he blew me two kisses before falling asleep.

Our love was extraordinary in the face of adversity. He is my hero, and will always be loved.

Two funerals are being planned. The first, a graveside service, will be held in Lovettsville, Va, next Thursday, where he was born.

The second, a memorial service in New York, will be held shortly after.

Details of services to come.

2 comments:

dmmgmfm said...

I just read his post and I am sitting here crying. I feel so bad for Yen. Thank you for posting this. *hugs*

dmmgmfm said...

I hope you don't mind, but I gave you a thinking blogger award. The information is on my blog.

*Hugs*