Thursday, January 11, 2007

Early Morning Thoughts ~ Two Very Special Guests

I have been writing about my journey concerning truth, childlike enthusiasm and love. During this time, I discovered a wonderful blog written by Steve and Warren. It’s called simply Our View On Superior. Since they live near Lake Superior - it’s a very apt title.

It also is a searing, unflinching and honest blog. I have it listed in my blogs I read section, but here is another link to it.

For those of us who are “older” we look on in awe at what some people have found together, and Steve and Warren are people who have worked at their relationship, and found something powerful and wonderful. They seem to continue their journey in love and communication with profound respect for each other and for life.

I salute them...and offer this posting in its entirety from their blog for you to see. It deals with words and love. And it touched my heart deeply as well as profoundly.

In an unusual move for me, the only picture in the posting is the one they used on their site ... by the poem at the end - which, by the way, is one of the more beautiful ones I have read.

And someday - I hope in the not too distant future - that I will be able to look at my partner this way --

I will be interested in what you think of it ...And please do not use their post without asking them first.


It is strange how words can change the flow of life. For nearly eight and one-half years words have been at times misunderstood between us. He is 33 and I am 60, we come to this world and to this relationship from different eras of time. Our words learned and our words spoken do not necessarily mean the same thing in today's era of time. Steve was taught this, and I was taught that; Steve learned this and I learned that, he understood this and I understood that.

The way we speak, the reason we speak, what we mean, what we don't mean - are all about us - together and spoken in love.

Words spoken in love, in jest, in kindness, in moments of hurt, in all situations have a way of hurting or helping a relationship such as the one Steve and I share together.

Has it ever happened that you have stopped to think about the power of words? Probably not - because most of us simply do not stop to think - but we speak first and listen second. Depending on how they are used, words can:

* bring about confusion to our lives
* create enormous and very walls that we sometimes hide behind
* come between you and your mate like a razor sharp knife that cuts and hurts one or both of you
* brings about fear and mistrust between you and your mate

Or they can:

* encourage us to try new adventures and new ideals in life
* many times they can bring peace to a hurting and broken heart
* create bridges of our friendship with our mates and increase our love for him
* and even sometimes they can pass on eternal truths to the one we love
* break down walls of fear

Each of these items is true of all words, whether spoken or written.

Your words will show what's in your heart, so decide about your words carefully, look into your heart. If you find anger, fear, hurt, and other types of darkness; showing or speaking those words to others may not have a good final outcome. Ask me, I've done that and so has Steve - we've hurt each other and in all cases we truly never meant it.

When your heart is boiling over with respect, gratitude, understanding and love, your words will touch your mate's heart with softness.

I've learned that I need to keep in mind that spoken words can not be unsaid, written words can not be unread.

We each need to learn how to use the power of our spoken and sometimes written words with discretion and leave instead a never ending trail of joy for the man we truly love.

When I lie beside Steve,
His knee presses
Against the underside
Of my knee,
His hand presses
Against my chest,
As if holding me together.
If I wake,
And he isn't beside me,
I'll curl up
Like a frightened child,
Lost in the dark,
Afraid to move.
If I wake,
And he isn't beside me,
The thickest blanket
Won't keep me warm.
But I wake,
And find him
Beside me.
He holds me together.

Together - love spoken to my mate.

Yes, I have faith.

No comments: