Sunday, December 3, 2006

Let it snow, let it snow, STOP THE SNOW!!!!



A dear friend "sunshine" and her husband awoke to these pictures yesterday morning at 7:30am!



I have two clips for anyone surrounded with snow and ice...I can’t make it go away, but hopefully, I can provide a light moment in the middle of shoveling!!!

Here's a poem from www.newsfromnowhere.com that really touched me!!
by Louis Jenkins
Unlike the Eskimos we only have one word for snow but we have a lot of modifiers for that word. There is too much snow, which, unlike rain, does not immediately run off. It falls and stays for months. Someone wished for this snow. Someone got a deal, five cents on the dollar, and spent the entire family fortune. It's the simple solution, it covers everything. We are never satisfied with the arrangement of the snow so we spend hours moving the snow from one place to another. Too much snow. I box it up and send it to family and friends. I send a big box to my cousin in California. I send a small box to my mother. She writes "Don't send so much. I'm all alone now. I'll never be able to use so much." To you I send a single snowflake, beautiful, complex and delicate; different from all the others.

I'll do windows, but I won't shovel it!!

I'll make hot chocolate, but I won't help you clean off your car!!!!

No comments: