Thursday, February 22, 2007

A Welcome Bit Of News - Yen, Jesse ~

On February 11th and 12th I talked about Yen and Jesse (the person with the aggressive melanoma) from their blog Two Lucky People.
I'll talk more about this later tonight (in Early Morning Thoughts), but I wanted to share a few welcome comments that Yen posted on their blog. Be sure to read the entire post - and don't hesitate to leave a comment for them. I have no doubt they would/will be appreciated...
After more than a week of rest at home, Jesse has recovered almost completely from the IL-2 therapy.

He is his usual self, loving and already focused on getting stronger for the next round.
There is a "however" in the post:
Despite our best efforts, he’s still losing too much weight, hovering at a slender 140lbs for his 6′1in-tall frame. Our diet has whittled down to occasional meals, shared Chinese take-out, ramen, sushi sometimes. He has developed a liking for fresh watermelon, which I try to procure diligently.
That he's home and recovering is encouraging news - and my thoughts/prayers continue to be with them...

more thoughts tonight...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for dropping in to my blog. Yours is rather cool. Will be back for more. Wish you loads of luck.