Saturday, December 30, 2006

staples and ads ~

This certainly has been a year of surprises, and continued problems around the globe. One of the problems that seemed to continually be in the headlines and discussions is torture - of all types. I recently ran across a very unusual set of ads. Some people have complained that they are too "high-brow" to be effective, but I have to disagree.

What struck me was the amazing use of not only the fold in the page, but the staples that hold the magazine together.

Look closely at them, and you will see what I mean.

I'm not sure what magazines these are/will be appearing in, but look for them in upscale magazines.

This first one uses space and imagery to make a powerful impact ....



the next two use imagery to evoke emotions as well as impact ... again using the magazines staples.




These were done by Amnesty International.

No comments: