Monday, December 11, 2006

Early Morning thoughts

My friend who I sat with at the ER center, is not doing well. He's become angry and disgruntled at the time it's taking to find out what's wrong - even though we both have our ideas. He's begun to take it out on those around. I wish that I could wave a wand and take it all away.

The anger shows in
the tone.
the anger shows in
behavior.

The smile might
still be on
the
face, but I'm
listening to
what isn't said.
What's there
but
not revealed.

I could offer
the
platitudes of
life ~
the appropriate
sounds we
make
when faced with
that which
is
uncomfortable.

But I can't do
that for,
you
are
my friend.
I care too
much to play
a game
of caring.

I want to let
you
know
I care -- really care.

And I shall show it
by just being there.
Just sitting and being.

We can talk -
if you want.
We can be silent -
if you want.

But what must
be known,
said,
understood -

I am here.
I care.
I will continue
to be here -
even when
you
try to
shut me out.

No comments: